Through the sales of all me-too products, we can make a difference and support Australian women who have survived a domestic violence situation. Following are some alarming statistics:
- Australian police deal with domestic violence every two minutes.
- Australian police deal with 5,000 domestic violence matters on average every week or nearly 300,000 matters annually.
- On average at least one woman a week is killed by a partner or former partner in Australia.
- One in three Australian women has experienced physical violence since the age of 15.
- One in five Australian women has experienced sexual violence.
- One in four Australian women has experienced physical or sexual violence by an intimate partner.
- One in four Australian women has experienced emotional abuse by a current or former partner.
- Of those women who experience violence, more than half have children in their care.
- Violence against women is not limited to the home or intimate relationships. Every year in Australia over 300,000 women experience violence - often sexual violence - from someone other than a partner.
- Eight out of ten women aged 18 to 24 were harassed on the street in the past year.
- Domestic or family violence against women is the single largest driver of homelessness for women, a common factor in child protection notifications, and results in a police call-out on average once every two minutes across the country.
- The combined health, administration and social welfare costs of violence against women have been estimated to be $21.7 billion a year.
To get involved:
As a consumer, please support the range by purchasing online or at any retailer where you see the range, knowing that 100% of profits will be donated to Domestic Violence Survivors and their related charities.
As a retailer should you wish to stock the range, please email : email@example.com
We are actively looking for high profile brand ambassadors. Should you wish to get involved, please email Andrew: firstname.lastname@example.org